Sunday, December 19, 2010

[rti4empowerment] Amazing speed: Mumbai Cybercrime police blocked fake I-T website WITHIN MINUTES of this complaint tonight

 

Mumbai, 19th December: Mumbai Cybercrime police blocked a fake website, purporting to be from the Income-Tax Department, within minutes of my complaint made at 9.07 pm tonight. See complaint and details here: http://tinyurl.com/Cyberpol1

My wife received this email, which came from a dangerously convincing address ending with "gov.in", asked the recipient to click on a link that led to a website that looked like a genuine Income Tax Department website, but its suspiciously-named URL showed that it was hosted in California. This made us feel that there was something amiss, although the website design was really quite convincing.

 

I googled up the cybercrime police website, got their email address and sent them an email. Within minutes, I clicked and found that access to that suspicious website was blocked. The details such as email address and website name are in my complaint, but cannot be even copy-pasted here as my email may then be automatically blocked from reaching you. Over 69 bulk-emails sent by my father to warn his family and others, were blocked as this fake email was forwarded with it.

 

Hats off to the Mumbai Cybercrime cell for superb promptness!

 

Regards,

Krish

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment