Thursday, August 11, 2011

[rti4empowerment] Story of Mr X and glimpses of Administration-Part I

 

Friends,

I present the mental state of Mr X during three consecutive time intervals. This is completely fictitious yet some people might have tendency to correlate the characters with those of real life, including me. Such inferences would purely be their personal thoughts.


More importantly, it gives us an inkling of how the cardinal rule of "Show me the person and I will show you the rule" is being applied and how people like Mr X who are not bowing down are getting harassed incessantly.

Yet there are own fun of someone being Mr X.

 

Amitabh
President, IRDS
# 94155-34526

 

 

Thoughts of Mr X- Date Tuesday (5 PM) to Thursday (10 AM)

 

Oh, it is wonderful. The case filed by me in the Service Court finally seems to be reaching its logical culmination. Actually this case was about a Departmental Enquiry (DE). This was related with my alleged misdemeanor some eleven years ago. Two allegations were made against me. The first was that I had got a vehicle, which was found unattended, auctioned in a wrongful manner by the misuse of my position and had later acquired it by purchasing in the name of one of my relatives. The second allegation was that I had not intimated the State government about getting associated with a "Non-governmental organization".  

 

These two allegations had being made eleven years ago. It was followed by enquiry by an Anti-corruption organization. It completed its enquiry in two years. Its recommendation about first allegation was-
"The vehicle was auctioned through a definite process through the orders of the Judicial Officer and the auction was made by a well-defined Committee. The process was found to be correct. Again, the person who purchased the vehicle was found to be no relative of X."

 

About the second allegation of NGO, it recommended-"X should have informed the State government after becoming the President of a NGO. He has failed in this but there are no assigned mala-fide reasons for this. Thus, he being a young officer, shall be warned for future."

 

These recommendations only talked of issuing a warning but for completely extraneous reasons, it was not ended and was followed by a Departmental Enquiry which finally ended with a warning after a long time.

 

But, this being the case related with me, it was intentionally reopened two years after having got closed, only to harm me as the pendency of this case will stop my promotion. While the Rules said that that the authorities can make a revision in a DE only within one year of the decision, yet, it was reopened against the basic rules itself.

 

I had given my reply to this but no decision was taken by the State government, keeping it pending as its pendency would stop me from getting promoted. Then only I had filed the above case. After many hearings, when nothing came I filed a Writ Petition in the High Court where I pleaded for quick decision in my case. The High Court gave this decision-

1.       Decide the matter within given number of months

2.       The opposite parties shall present their reply etc., if any, within M days

Time passed and after many hearings, the case had now come for final hearing. I was extremely happy that the matter would possibly be over.

 

There were long discussions in the Service Court. I was my own pleader in the case and presented my line of arguments before the Court. From whatever response I got from the advocates present there, I had made a hugely successful pleading. I was satisfied with my work. The Court finally said-"Heard all the Parties. Order reserved."

 

In the evening I was very happy. This exuberance continued for two subsequent days. Whoever met me, I told him that my ordeal would possibly be over soon.

But was this state of mind to continue?

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment