Saturday, November 5, 2011

[rti4empowerment] ‘Ashoka’s aides are harassing me’

 

'Ashoka's aides are harassing me'
 
The man who put home minister in the dock in the land denotification controversy is getting repeated calls to withdraw his complaint
 
Chetan R chetan.rudrappa@timesgroup.com
 

   
ABJP leader and the son of a former MP and prominent businessman, are allegedly trying to persuade the RTI activist, who landed home minister R Ashoka in trouble for violating BDA norms while acquiring some property, to withdraw his complaint to the Lokayukta.
   
Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, Jayakumar Hiremath said, "The BJP's city spokesman and Ashoka's aide, S Prakash, and the former MP's son, spoke to me several times asking me to withdraw the complaint against the home minister under the Prevention of Corruption Act (PCA) in a Lokayukta special court.
   
"The former MP's son called on me at home. They even tried to intimidate me. I brought this to the attention of Lokayukta sleuths on Thursday when I went to record my statement. "The sleuths told me that they would ensure that an FIR is registered against the duo if they continue to harass me."
   
The calls began after he lodged the complaint. As per a diary maintained by Hiremath, the ones who called repeatedly included Prakash and the former MP's son. "They called me directly and also through others to tell me to help them. In return, they promised to help me," alleges Hiremath who had gone underground for two days fearing for his life.
  
 He is believed to have revealed all these details while recording of his statement before Lokayukta sleuths.
   
When questioned about Hiremath's charges, Prakash said, "I have never spoken to him on behalf of Ashoka. It is completely false and I deny all charges being made by Hiremath. I know him (Hiremath) only because he was in our party some time ago."
   
Despite several efforts, the former MP's son remained unavailable for comment.
Jayakumar Hiremath had last month filed a complaint accusing home and transport minister R Ashoka of misusing his power and violating Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) norms in acquiring notified land.
   
He accused the minister of denotifying two pieces of land in Lottegollahalli near BEL Circle, measuring 23 guntas, causing huge loss to the state exchequer.
   
The special court directed the police to investigate after Hiremath furnished documents to support his allegations. Two officials from the urban development department have been named as witnesses in the case.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment