Monday, May 9, 2011

[rti4empowerment] One World

 

The Indi Patriot:

Monday, May 9, 2011

One World

 

This has been a very eventful week as can be seen from my 3 posts this week. Like most men, Sunday is the day I sit down with my pile of newspapers and catch up with the world. The news in todays papers were so surprising that I had no option but to write another article.

Let me start with my take on an article by a writer where he said America must be kicking itself for ignoring a remark by Musharraf made in a speech about a week after 9/11.(click here to read a transcription of the speech)

MusharrafHe speaks about how in the speech Musharraf speaks about how the first six years of Islam and how the Prophet after reaching Medina had to make treaties with his enemies in order to ensure the survival and spread of Islam.

So I went in ad found a transcript of the speech and was shocked, this comment about justifying his compromising with previous enemies by quoting the Prophet is further punctuated with a further statement as to how he has furthered the cause of Afghanistan and Taliban by various means including speaking to President Clinton, Chinese Leaders and how he personally sent the head of the ISI to Mullah Omar….I scratched my head here……

What would the head of the ISI be doing going to Mullah Omar as an Emissary…..

For gods sake he is the head of the Intelligence Bureau not a diplomat. Isn'tmullah_omarthat a sign enough that all is not above board and that the bureaucracy is now in the hands of the ISI ? The best part is Musharraf declared it outright on television.

From both these comments COMING IN THE SAME SPEECH the obvious conclusion is  that at that stage itself Musharraf had his hand in a firm clasp with the Taliban and America was of course for reasons of its own foolish enough to give him the financial help he needed to make their lives hell.

America has made a list of political blunders from Vietnam to Nicaragua to Cuba to Iraq…but this one seems to take the cake.

===========================================================

Different Strokes

After this, I came to the Speaking Tree portion of Times. This is a very nice spiritual supplement which is attached to Times of India. Reviewing the conflicts of this week from Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Death of Osama and a myriad of smaller skirmishes, I suddenly realised that a lot of this week has been spent fighting.

I suddenly realised that we are a very splintered world, we have forgotten that we are one species. Mankind.

We have becomes countries, states, cities, neighbourhoods, building societies, families. We have splintered ourselves into smaller and smaller groups each of which carries the baggage of ego and prejudices and are now ready to fight to the death to defend the ideas we have wrapped around our persona be it Musharraf with his idea of spread of Islam or the RSS with its Hinduvata agenda.

However, it is my sincere belief that one day we will see all this for the foolishness it is. People looking at the same thing from different angles and each attaching an emotional weight to it. All these childish beliefs which will shatter when a complete comprehensive threat faces mankind such as a meteor threating earth as in Deep Impact, An extra terrestrial threat or even a environmental disaster.

In the meanwhile lets understand a very profound story of the funny side of how we attach our ideas to our egos which I read in the Speaking Tree.

temple_buddhistIn Buddhist Monasteries the rule used to be that if you wished to stay you needed to defeat the current residents with your logic. One such Monastery had a pair of brothers as a leader. 

One elder clever, one younger a fool. Normally the clever one would interview all new residents but one day he was not well and a new resident wished to join. Knowing his brother was foolish, the elder brother asked him to take the interview in silence.

The interview started and within just a few seconds the monk seeking shelter came out with a dejected look on his face. The elder cleverer brother bumped into him as he was leaving and asked him what was the matter ? The monk who had come to seek shelter says that he must leave since the resident monk had defeated him in seconds.

He narrated that as we sat down I put one finger up to show that I respectedfingersBuddha the One. The resident monk put up two fingers signifying that he respects Buddha and his teachings. So the new monk put up three fingers to show he respects Buddha, his teachings and his disciples who follow his teachings. The resident monk then put up his whole hand signifying that he respects the whole universe which according to the new monk meant that he has won the argument.

No sooner had he left than the younger brother came storming out, face all red and angry. The elder brother asked what happened and he replied. I will kill that fellow, he insulted me.

He narrated that as soon as we sat down, he held up one finger, signifying that I had only one eye and was spiritually half blind and therefore not yet enlightened enough to see the full truth. I showed him two fingers signifying that I had both eyes and could see the truth clearly. He then held up 3 fingers showing that between us we had 3 eyes and one of us was seeing clearly and the other was half blind. I then shook my fist to say that I would hit him and he ran away.

Isn't it funny how the same conversation can mean completely different things to two people…….

===========================================================

Jokes in the Speaking Tree

As I said, this weeks speaking tree was really inspirational even the jokes:

The best one was:

krishna_killing_kansaTeacher is teaching Mahabharta in class. He explains that Kansa was told that his 8th nephew would kill him so he went around killing one nephew after another till he reached the 8th one.

The teacher looks up and sees Ramu absolutely puzzled. He asks Ramu to stand up and tell him what's the problem.

Ramu says, Sir, if Kansa knew his 8th nephew was going to kill him , why didn't he just  keep Krishna's parents in different cells.

Isnt it funny how sometimes the simplest explanations are right in front of our eyes and no one sees it.


For more articles like this one , please visit http://theindipatriot.blogspot.com


let me introduce myself:

I am an person of Indian origin residing in Mumbai who feels that the time has come to speak up or be silent forever. We all see movies like Rang De Basanti or Lage Raho Munnabhai and after walking out of theatre for the next couple of days the effect hangs like a halo around us. A few days later we go back to our old ways. This is my way of keeping the spirit of India alive. 

 

As they say" 100 mein se 99% beimaan phir be India hai Mahaan"


 

My Mission Statement is:

A lot of people have written in asking why do I write these articles?

My answer is simple.

We meet loads of people everyday. When we stand around talking a lot of issues are discussed, what I hope and see happening is that the next time one of the readers starts a conversation on a topic I have written about, at least they will talk about it from a new viewpoint from the rest.

Which is why I talk about all aspects on life in India be it the Ram Setu Bridge or the Elections or maybe even the latest soap on TV.

 

I am sending you this mail since you have at some time or the other sent me a joke, an interesting article or some other little snippet or or some friend who has liked my articles has reffered you to me or at the very least you have been a CC on such an article forwarded to me so I feel this may be of interest to you.

 

I have started a blog under the name indipatriot and am sending you this article and the link to the blog http://theindipatriot.blogspot.com where you can read this and other articles. I would also request you to send me articles and other things you would like me to publish on this blog from jokes to spiritual articles all comments are welcome. The email address for sending articles to is theindipatriot@yahoo.co.in  If you feel that this blog is not to your taste and do not wish to receive updates about the same, please send an email to the same address and we shall remove you from the mailing list.


Disclaimer This article is my personal opinion and is not meant to offend or hurt any person or any body of people. The matter is drawn from public domain and no copyright is knowingly transgressed. If any topic is found to be objectionable by you for any reason whatsoever, please do leave a comment and I will be glad to include a clarification in my followups.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment