Monday, April 4, 2011

[rti4empowerment] Fake Pay And Park Tickets [1 Attachment]

 
[Attachment(s) from Jagdeep DESAI included below]

Hello all,


See the so called MCGM pay and park ticket I got on 2011 APR 03.

I knew this was fake, but I still got it so as to bring this racket or scam, to the notice of those concerned, or not concerned.

This was on the road betwen the two CGO buildings, North of the Aayakar Bhavan, connecting M Karve Road, and New marine Lines Road.

The fellow was brazen to demand the money in advance, and quote a lump sum, Rs.40.

When I said it is Rs.5 first hour, then Rs.3, making it Rs.17, he said it has increased.

When I said how does he calculate that, he said Rs.10 per hour.

When I asked since when, he said APR 01.

So I said where is the board or rate chart showing the rates.

He said not painted yet.

I asked him why in advance, I will pay when I leave.

He said the collection person comes on bike to pick it up, and he may not be around when I leave.

I said, even if it is Rs.10, then Rs.5 per hour, it comes to Rs.25, and rs.30 if I stay for five hours.

He said just pay Rs.30 then.

I told him, I have a big note, and I only had a very big note, Rs.1000.

He actually had change and more.

Then I asked what about the serial number, he said not required.

What about the name and address of the contractor.

What about the time in and time out.

Have a look at the picture of the ticket, simply MCGM Pay and Park.

No answer.

So this guy is part of a great fraud, racket, and scam which is probably a small part of the larger one in Mumbai.

In a twelve hour period, Rs.10 would be Rs.120 per vehicle, and there are at least thirty slots, making it Rs.3600 per day, and Rs.108000 per month, in that small stretch of road doing nothing whatsoever to extract that amount from unwary drivers.

Such pay and park scams are already exposed by other activists also.

The question is, how the heck are these guys allowed to get away with such an activity, next to CGO buildings, and in broad daylight.

Its also another matter that the entire area is almost a public toilet, just a few hundred metres away from the so called international class Wankhede stadium, where India became the ICC World Cup 2011 champions.

It looks like India is also world champion in such daylight robberies, from this type of small racket to the 2G matter, etc.

Jai Hind.

Jagdeep DESAI

Secretary
Forum for Improving Quality of Life in Mumbai Suburbs

>>>

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Jagdeep DESAI

1 of 1 Photo(s)

Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment