Sunday, April 24, 2011

[rti4empowerment] A tale of 2 deaths....

 

The Indi Patriot:

Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Tale of two deaths

 

Sathya_Sai_BabaSatya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi died today at 7.28 am at the age of 84.

A controversial character in his lifetime he symbolised India. In 1940, when he was 14 years old, Satya Sai Baba suddenly declared that he was the re- incarnation of Sai Baba (Shirdi) who had died 8 years before.  

He didn't believe in any particular one God, only preached the existence of the one. His website synopsises his beliefs as:

  • Believe in God --for there is only ONE GOD for all mankind, though He may be called by many names.
  • Follow sincerely their respective religions and live their daily lives in consonance with the teachings of good behavior and morality.
  • Respect all other religions --for no religion advocates the negative and lower qualities of man.
  • Perform selfless service to the poor, the sick, and the needy without thought of reward or fame.
  • Cultivate in their lives the values of truth, divine love, right conduct, peace, and nonviolence and promote these values among all.
  • Be patriotic and respect the laws of the country in which they live.

All excellent rules to live by. Some called him a faker, a charlatan due to his penchant for pulling objects of of mid air. A couple of exposes have been done on him which show some possible sleight of hand. ( click here for one such video)

My belief is someone who can give succour to so many, to bring balm to hearts of millions cannot be all bad. Its our fault that we do not believe that a holy man can be ordinary. For a man to be godly, we expect him to create miracles. Well the public got what they wanted.

When asked why did he do miracles, his explanation was simple and very revealing. He stated that he produced objects and tokens (lockets, rings, vibhuti, etc) so that people would carry them around with them. According to him. when in trouble , those objects would act as concentrators and would channel their please to wherever he was……..Not a bad concept if you wish to believe in something.

Human beings need a hook to hang their hat on, need a reason to believe that their troubles will be over soon, be it the belief that Sai Baba is there to look after them to wave his hand and their problems will disappear.

In todays troubled times with pressures building through the roof and life running in the fast lane, any belief helps. When a person affects the lives of so many in such a positive manner he will definitely be sorely missed by his followers. I sympathise with their loss of a father.

==========================================================

All the press coverage of the Kate-William wedding in Britain reminds me of a second tragic death in 1997.

dianaDianna, Prince Williams mother  was the eternal princess.

I was in the UK and couldn't sleep. So I made myself a drink and was watching the TV in front of the sofa when I fell asleep. I woke up at about 3 am to screaming sirens and howling French words on the TV. My sleep befuddled brain took about 3-4 minutes before the news finally sunk in.

Diana the princess was dead.

She who had captured the heart of millions. The darling of a generation. The TV presenter had a lump in his throat and his eyes welled up.

  • She reflected the dreams of every young girl who wishes a prince to sweep her off her feet.
  • She became the image of every woman who slowly falls out of love with her husband and his philandering.
  • She epitomised the battered woman fighting against a powerful in law family.
  • She was the pictograph of a divorced frustrated woman looking for love in one wrong man after another.

My mind ran over the change of a young vibrant woman from a dreamy eyed young girl with flashing eyes to a sad troubled middle aged woman with her haunted look  just before she died.

I  don't know about the others but I for one my friends cried that night.

Heres to to Diana - The eternal candle in the wind ( click here for Elton John's tribute to Diana)


For more articles like this one , please visit http://theindipatriot.blogspot.com


let me introduce myself:

I am an person of Indian origin residing in Mumbai who feels that the time has come to speak up or be silent forever. We all see movies like Rang De Basanti or Lage Raho Munnabhai and after walking out of theatre for the next couple of days the effect hangs like a halo around us. A few days later we go back to our old ways. This is my way of keeping the spirit of India alive. 

 

As they say" 100 mein se 99% beimaan phir be India hai Mahaan"


 

My Mission Statement is:

A lot of people have written in asking why do I write these articles?

My answer is simple.

We meet loads of people everyday. When we stand around talking a lot of issues are discussed, what I hope and see happening is that the next time one of the readers starts a conversation on a topic I have written about, at least they will talk about it from a new viewpoint from the rest.

Which is why I talk about all aspects on life in India be it the Ram Setu Bridge or the Elections or maybe even the latest soap on TV.

 

I am sending you this mail since you have at some time or the other sent me a joke, an interesting article or some other little snippet or or some friend who has liked my articles has reffered you to me or at the very least you have been a CC on such an article forwarded to me so I feel this may be of interest to you.

 

I have started a blog under the name indipatriot and am sending you this article and the link to the blog http://theindipatriot.blogspot.com where you can read this and other articles. I would also request you to send me articles and other things you would like me to publish on this blog from jokes to spiritual articles all comments are welcome. The email address for sending articles to is theindipatriot@yahoo.co.in  If you feel that this blog is not to your taste and do not wish to receive updates about the same, please send an email to the same address and we shall remove you from the mailing list.


Disclaimer This article is my personal opinion and is not meant to offend or hurt any person or any body of people. The matter is drawn from public domain and no copyright is knowingly transgressed. If any topic is found to be objectionable by you for any reason whatsoever, please do leave a comment and I will be glad to include a clarification in my followups.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment