Saturday, January 21, 2012

[rti4empowerment] (unknown)

 

Teacher fired after son filed RTI
21 Jan 2012, 0836 hrs IST
Rukminibhai, a school teacher for the past 23 years, now dismissed by the same school she worked at for two decades. This after her son Saikumar filed an RTI questioning the school funds. Saikumar, RTI applicant, said, "I am a citizen of this country and I have filed this RTI seeking information from school. Instead of giving me information, the school management started harassing me. They issued warnings and spoke with disrespect towards me and also harassed my mother."

But the school management somewhat brazen, K. Harikrishna, General Secretary, Bharatha Abhyudaya High School, "We have dismissed her because she filed a RTI seeking information. We have dismissed her and we will take back only if they take back that RTI filed by her." Rukminibhai, Saikumar's mother and dismissed teacher, said, "My son filed RTI seeking information and the management asked me to leave without any notice and they say that if we withdraw the RTI filed they will take me back to the school."

Undeterred Saikumar left no stone unturned taking note the Information Commission has come out in defence of Saikumar. A. Mohan Krishnaiah, Law Secretary, AP Information Commission, said, "It is really pathetic and sad. As per the act anyone seeking information should be provided with information." The question is this the price one has to pay to expose any kind of wrongdoing in the country and will Saikumar and his mother be able to see through their fight against corruption to its logical end.


V.Gopalakrishnan

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment