Thursday, April 11, 2013

[rti4empowerment] Issue to ponder!

 

Issue to ponder!

A respected RTI activist from Lucknow Ms Urvashi Sharma today narrated an incidence to my wife and her friend Nutan. Yesterday she met an officer from my Police Department in UP Information Commission. My name came in the discussion and the officer commented-"He has ruined himself, falling prey to RTI and such other nonsense. What did he get out of all this he is doing."

Ms Urvashi replied- "He has earned respect which you and many among you lack."

Having heard both sides of the statements, my personal comment is that I don't know what I have gained and what I lost on my way to social commitments. But I do  know that I could not have gone any other way than where I find myself today. This had been my destiny and I was bound to follow this path. 

So whatever pitfalls, whatever losses, whatever ruins and turmoil come my way, the attractiveness of this path of social concern and social commitment, in whatever little way I manage, will possibly always outweigh all the material success I might get the moment I part ways with these aspects of my life.

I present this story just to reiterate that we all have our own likings and let us all be happy with where our heart lies.

Amitabh Thakur
Lucknow
# 094155-34526

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment