Monday, June 30, 2014

[rti4empowerment] Now in CAT even for leave without pay

 

Now in CAT even for extraordinary leave

Today I filed a petition in CAT Lucknow Bench for grant of one year extra ordinary leave (EOL). EOL is granted to an IPS officer under Rule 15 of the All India Services Leave Rules, which is a leave without any salary. An IPS officer can get EOL for a maximum period of 5 years.

As per the Petition, I had applied for one year EOL from 01 July 2014 under on 16 April 2014 saying that I wanted this leave to devote myself completely to social activities in a manner that this does not come in the way of my official duties even apparently. On 23 April, I was asked about kind of social activities I would be involved in during the leave. I replied through my letter dated 24 April that I would be working in the field of accountability and transparency in public life.

Since then there has been no response from the government and now 01 July is about to come tomorrow. In such situations, this OA has been filed.

Previously also I had got my 2 years study leave after the orders of CAT and Allahabad High Court. These leave that I have sought from time to time are all legally permissible to an IPS officer. In fact, the reason for this leave without pay has only been keeping in mind the fact that since I want to devote myself slightly more deeply in social activities for this period, I have been willing to sacrifice even my salary so that the government job does not suffer to any extent.

Must say that this delay has been a cause of great concern to me and has adversely affected my plans to quite some extent.

Amitabh Thakur
# 094155-34526

__._,_.___

Posted by: Amitabh Thakur <amitabhth@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment