Wednesday, May 21, 2014

[rti4empowerment] FB Kidney racket case- a sad experience so far

 

FB Kidney racket case- a sad experience so far

The application presented by me on 13 May to police station Gomtinagar, Lucknow for registration of FIR in an alleged Kidney racket on Facebook keeps pending till date.

The application had presented facts about my friend Pratik Jain having sent me a Facebook message regarding one Anurag Joshi contacting for sale of kidney at 3.5-4 lakh rupees, which was verified by me on phone with that person about getting around 3 lakhs for my kidney, for which I would have to come to Pune and from there to Iran, providing bank account detail as well.

When no FIR was registered by the police station, I had presented an application to Praveen Kumar, SSP Lucknow on 14 May and had personally met him on 15 May when the SSP had assured registration of FIR by evening. I felt happy of the fact that the SSP had taken the matter seriously and very soon appropriate action would be taken in this sensitive case.

I asked SO Gomtinagar that evening but he said that no such order of the SSP had been received by him. I waited thinking that the police would be busy in the much more important work of counting.

Finally a Sub Inspector from Gomtinagar police station met me on 19 May and gave me a letter from in-charge of Cyber Crime cell, Lucknow asking for the URL and mail id account of Facebook along with their screen-shot, to which I have provided the details available with me.

Thus the matter is moving between Gomtinagar police and cyber cell, Hazratganj and despite SSP's assurance no FIR has been registered so far in this extremely sensitive case.

I have decided to pursue the matter not through even the minimum use of my official capacity, if any, and I will pursue the matter till its end, because I strongly believe that the present cases of some FIRs being registered immediately and some not being registered, purely in a arbitrary and discretionary manner is complteley incorrect and illegal, as has already been stated by the Supreme Court in Lalita Kumari vs State of UP.

I have written to DGP, UP not only to get the FIR registered but to also take action against the concerned police officers for having failed to do so despite the Supreme Court order of mandatory registration of FIR.

Meanwhile this crucial delay of 9 days in registering FIR and taking up the matter as a challenge must have made a permanent adverse effect on this critical case, which is really sad and disappointing.

Amitabh Thakur
# 094155-34526

__._,_.___

Posted by: Amitabh Thakur <amitabhth@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment