Tuesday, February 5, 2013

[rti4empowerment] An important legal victory

 

Another legal victory

In my petition Hon'ble CAT Lucknow has directed the Government of India and UP Government to intimate me about about the facts, as per the records available with them, on the basis of which I was not found "fit" to be promoted.

In my petition I had quoted Hon'ble Supreme Court orders in Jagmal Singh Yadav vs M. Ramayya and R.L. Bansal vs Union of India that persons entering Government service have the right to know where they stand with regard to their conditions of service and future promotion.

The bench of Hon'ble Justice Alok Kumar Singh and Hon'ble Sri D C Lakha agreed to my contentions and ordered the respondents to provide me the required information within one month.

I consider this a significant victory in the way of transparency in governance as far the same was being denied leading me to go for this petition.

Amitabh Thakur
Lucknow
# 94155-34526

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment