Tuesday, March 20, 2012

[rti4empowerment] Fighting for our Rights and proving a point

 

Fighting for our Rights and proving a point


As I have been narrating before my friends time and again, I have been waging a struggle for justice, all on my own, for quite some time now. Though apparently this struggle centers around some of my service related matters, but inherently the purpose is to prove a point. All I want to present through my efforts is that every person can fight for justice, if he/she decides so. Again, the only requisite to strive for justice is to have the will to struggle and the courage to lose comforts.


With these two basic commitments, I have fought many a legal battles and thankfully have come victorious time and again. In the latest event, today itself, the Hon'ble Allahabad High Court, Lucknow Bench dismissed a Writ Petition filed by the Uttar Pradesh government in a matter related with me. A departmental enquiry was started against me in 2004 and it was closed on 25 May 2007 after issuing me warning. Two years later, the State government reopened this enquiry. This was against the rules because under Rule 24 of the All India Services (Discipline and Appeal) Rules a departmental enquiry can be reopened only within one year of its getting closed.


I filed Case No 177/2010 in Hon'ble CAT, Lucknow. Hon'ble CAT agreed with my argument and on 08 September 2011 quashed the enquiry as being against rules. State government did not comply with this order and filed Writ Petition No 2078/2011 (S/B) in the Hon'ble High Court. Today 20 March 2012, the Court found the order of CAT completely justified and dismissed the Writ Petition.


Prima-facie the dismissal of this Petition further proves many of my allegation about being harassed by certain individuals for purely personal reasons. 

I present this incident just to make all of us think that we all can fight against the corrupt system, in case we decide to do so.


Amitabh Thakur
IPS
Lucknow
# 94155-34526

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment