Sunday, August 25, 2013

[rti4empowerment] Center on Religious Study

 

Center on Religious Study

I am thinking of initiating a small "Center on Religious Study" to contribute to the cause of religious tolerance.

Though I am personally almost an atheist, but at the same time I don't have the requisite facts, logic, information or intellect to completely deny the existence of God. In no way can I be a religious bigot, nor do I ever think that my religion is superior to others, at the same time never treating any other religion superior to mine.

One thing is undeniable that religion occupies a very deep and inherent place in human psyche and his existence- both in a temporal and spiritual manner but unfortunately people generally carry an unknown fear and suspicion towards other's religions which is truly dangerous.

Hence there seems to be a great need to make all possible efforts in the direction of understanding all religions and bringing them together, so that better sense of religious tolerance exists.

The "Center on Religious Study" that I envisage would be only a small step in that direction.



Amitabh Thakur
Lucknow
# 094155-34526

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment